On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, Martin Dalecki wrote:

> Easy - the same way you do for cross compilation. Basically just:
>
> export CC=g++ --some-magic-long-option-i-dont-remember; make

... and you still have only a subset of the tree, simply because it is fed
through cpp before it reaches the parser. And cpp cuts away many pieces.
Different config options and you've got a different subset. Good luck
providing the coverage.

> And then the normal compilation is not just generating *.o files, but
> files with dumped parser trees as well. Hell It's even documented there!

Yeah... May I suggest you to take info on gcc and look for references to
preprocessor?

> Basically I will just guess: The next maybe non free version of
> source navigator will use the mechanism I have just described above.
> So maybe there is already someone at RedHat doing exactly this work
> already ;-).

Physically impossible without a major cleanup of the tree.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.085 / U:5.840 seconds]