    On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, Martin Dalecki wrote:

    > Easy - the same way you do for cross compilation. Basically just:
    >
    > export CC=g++ --some-magic-long-option-i-dont-remember; make

    ... and you still have only a subset of the tree, simply because it is fed
    through cpp before it reaches the parser. And cpp cuts away many pieces.
    Different config options and you've got a different subset. Good luck
    providing the coverage.

    > And then the normal compilation is not just generating *.o files, but
    > files with dumped parser trees as well. Hell It's even documented there!

    Yeah... May I suggest you to take info on gcc and look for references to
    preprocessor?

    > Basically I will just guess: The next maybe non free version of
    > source navigator will use the mechanism I have just described above.
    > So maybe there is already someone at RedHat doing exactly this work
    > already ;-).

    Physically impossible without a major cleanup of the tree.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:5.404 / U:0.036 seconds]