SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] Withdrawl of Open Source NDS Project/NTFS/M2FS forLinux
Date
In article <Pine.LNX.4.10.10009041346560.19131-100000@master.linux-ide.org>,
Andre Hedrick <andre@linux-ide.org> wrote:
>Hans,
>
>We talked at LWE '99 about this issue.
>As you can see that this is getting to be a bigger mess as I predicted
>more than a year ago. As you explained to me that IGEL had verbal terms
>of agreement that the code returned to M-Systems was returned with a GPL
>license in it placed by IGEL. M-Systems then remove the GPL license and
>converted the code in to an object that violated the rules and spirit of
>GPL.

M-Systems distributes something that is perfectly legal for an end user
to use. Nothing prevents someone from linking anything they want into their
own copy of a kernel they will use themselves.

Unfortunately there was no easy way for anyone who wanted to distribute
a product with a DOC to distribute a kernel.

M-Systems is in the process of creating a new driver that works as a module
and contains no GPL code.

--
__O
Fireplug - a Lineo company _-\<,_