SubjectRe: test8-pre4: innd fixed?
Is this file corruption 'thing' specific to innd or is it the same
problem reported with corrupt mailboxes with pre2 and high disk
activity?

Linus Torvalds wrote:

> Could people who have seen the innd active list file corruption thing
> please try out linux-2.4.0-test8-pre4? Despite some reports, it was _not_
> fixed in pre2, and pre3 was a internal-only test to fix the remaining
> issue with Al Viro.
>
> pre4 finally passes all my truncate() tests, and the code looks good. The
> only thing left to verify is whether innd really is happy, or whether the
> inactive file corruption may have been due to something else altogether.
> I'm personally fairly optimistic, but this needs to be verified so that
> everybody can either breathe a sigh of relief or go looking for "the final
> bug".
>
> Note that reiserfs is reported to have the same bug, and pre4 won't have
> fixed that - only ext2. The infrastructure is all in place so that the
> reiserfs fix is probably a one-liner, but for now I just want to hear from
> people who have their news-spools and active file on an ext2 filesystem.
>
> Linus

Mohammad A. Haque http://www.haque.net/
mhaque@haque.net

"Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Project Lead
Don't drink and derive." --Unknown http://wm.themes.org/
batmanppc@themes.org