SubjectRe: GPL violations: make it harder
On Sun, 3 Sep 2000, Elmer Joandi wrote:

> Andre Hedrick wrote:
>
> > My and co-worker's code for doing full taskfile access under linux was
> > rejected here but is being used in MicroSoft Whistler 2001. They are
> > quick to grab the very best of Linux and adopt it for their own.
>
> ? You mean that they did it illegally and you can show a way to prove it ?

No,

Since I got reamed over the taskfile dis-destroyer crap and people were
blaming me for the potential future outbreak of viruses, I contacted my
counterpart in T13 (Mircosoft) and explained the mess and they liked the
solution modeled and are planning to use it.

> If it is true and cant be justified in court, then it can be justified trough
> good reverse-engineering programs, by lynching.
>

> I have been following it in this list for longer - you cut the thing you are
> sitting on when telling people who say "I saw GNU licence violation"
> to not to bother or turn to other organization...

There was no "GNU licence violation", because there is no GNU licence in a
patch.

> There is overproduction of generic-purpose software in world and
> of course lots of companies are going to bancrupt soon, but if you
> continue this way, GPL is going the same way...

Do not follow the thought, sorry.

Andre Hedrick
The Linux ATA/IDE guy

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.128 / U:1.248 seconds]