    SubjectRe: GPL violations: make it harder
    On Sun, 3 Sep 2000, Elmer Joandi wrote:

    > Andre Hedrick wrote:
    >
    > > My and co-worker's code for doing full taskfile access under linux was
    > > rejected here but is being used in MicroSoft Whistler 2001. They are
    > > quick to grab the very best of Linux and adopt it for their own.
    >
    > ? You mean that they did it illegally and you can show a way to prove it ?

    No,

    Since I got reamed over the taskfile dis-destroyer crap and people were
    blaming me for the potential future outbreak of viruses, I contacted my
    counterpart in T13 (Mircosoft) and explained the mess and they liked the
    solution modeled and are planning to use it.

    > If it is true and cant be justified in court, then it can be justified trough
    > good reverse-engineering programs, by lynching.
    >

    > I have been following it in this list for longer - you cut the thing you are
    > sitting on when telling people who say "I saw GNU licence violation"
    > to not to bother or turn to other organization...

    There was no "GNU licence violation", because there is no GNU licence in a
    patch.

    > There is overproduction of generic-purpose software in world and
    > of course lots of companies are going to bancrupt soon, but if you
    > continue this way, GPL is going the same way...

    Do not follow the thought, sorry.

    Andre Hedrick
    The Linux ATA/IDE guy

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:4.470 / U:0.020 seconds]