SubjectRe: [RFC] my current kernel todo list

On Mon, 4 Sep 2000, Tigran Aivazian wrote:

> Alexander, I did think of automating it but seeing fat (I am sure you saw
> it as well) made me think that it is safer to do it by hand.

Umm? What part of grep -nw is going to catch the fat_... stuff? It should
be done separately. You _will_ catch the call of mark_buffer_dirty() in
the fat_... wrapper, though.

> for fat, it is not the second argument but the first from the end (it has
> three), so your macro approach is somewhat broken.

See above...

> Actually, kernel is such a critical peace of software, that, imho,
> _everything_ should be done by hand, just in case.

Erm... You do realize that "by hands" is "by editor commands", don't you?
Notice that it is not a global search and replace - you see the instance,
you decide whether to change it with the long sequence of editor commands
or with the short one.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.063 / U:0.388 seconds]