SubjectRe: What is up with Redhat 7.0?
On Sat, Sep 30, 2000 at 03:07:49PM +0100, Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:
> > If you don't like this, I suggest you send mail complaining to RedHat.
> > Customer complaints are going to be the only way that RH is going to be
> > influenced not to play games like this....
>
> Remind me next time I get to deal with crap from VA customers because VA
> Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. I think you owe an apology

Actually, it's redhat who owes an apology to the commnity at large for
_already_ creating a maintainance hassle for gcc and other free software
projects because they receive bogus bug reports because redhat shipped
a broken, experimental, unreleased compiler as if it were an official
version. Worse, creating a maintainance nightmare for almost everybody by
making redhat binary incompatibly to other linux distributions, therefore
effectively forking gnu/linux in a way unseen before.(*)

However, I can understand that you have to support redhat and have
probably lost your neutrality.

(*) redhat is a major distribution and obviously now plays monopoly games.

--

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.265 / U:1.220 seconds]