    SubjectRe: test8-pre2 fs corruption?
    Em Sun, Sep 03, 2000 at 09:07:10PM -0400, Mohammad A. Haque escreveu:
    > When pine crashed on me while trying to read one of my mailboxes I ended
    > up opening the mailbox in vi. vi complained about Incomplete line and
    > sure enough .. at the end of the file was lots of gibberish.
    >
    > This wasn't my bugtraq mailbox so I'm thinking it's just plain
    > coincidence that the linux-truncate bug reared it's ugly head and a bad
    > email was received.
    >
    > Paul Jakma wrote:
    > >
    > > On Sun, 3 Sep 2000, Thomas Molina wrote:
    > >
    > > > Odd. I started seeing mailbox corruption the day before the first post
    > > > showed up here. Since it was only one list (BUGTRAQ) and I'm still at
    > >
    > > weird. currently my pine crashes on me when i close my bugtraq
    > > folder.
    > >
    > > however, i don't think i have fs corruption. (the bugtraq folder is
    > > on nfs on a 2.2 server).
    > >
    > > Perhaps rather than fs corruption, your problem (and mine) is that
    > > someone sent a bogey message to bugtraq?

    2.4.0-test8-pre2
    mutt 1.2.5
    Sony Vaio 505
    IDE PIIX4
    lots of disk activity

    Mailbox eaten by alien penguins :( using hexedit I saw that it was almost
    completely zeroed, now I'm back to test8-pre1 (by what Al said it should
    have the same problem, but now I'm not stressing the machine).

    - Arnaldo

    PS.: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Horizon/8726/hexedit.html

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.022 / U:59.540 seconds]