SubjectRe: Linux kernel modules development in C++
Date
On Thu, 28 Sep 2000 10:27:47 -0500, Timur Tabi wrote:
> ** Reply to message from Horst von Brand <vonbrand@inf.utfsm.cl> on Thu, 28 Sep
> 2000 10:22:50 -0400
>
>> Just remember what another, quite famous, teacher told Linus about failing
>> him for the monolithic design of Linux if he took his OS class. Then look
>> around and search for the ukernel OSes he predicted would be ubiquitous
>> very soon afterwards...
>
> Getting way off-topic here, does anyone know what happened to this Professor?
> Is he still teaching? Has anyone ever interviewed him on Linux?

Yes, he is still with the Vrije Universiteit in Amsterdam. Have a look at
his homepage at http://www.cs.vu.nl/~ast/ .

I met him a couple of years ago at a symposium about the Distributed ASCI
Supercomputer (DAS, see http://www.asci.tudelft.nl/das/das.shtml ). At
that time, the DAS ran BSDI, but later on they switched to Linux. I guess
that he isn't that negative about Linux anymore.

Erik

Delft University of Technology, PO BOX 5031, 2600 GA Delft, The Netherlands
Phone: +31-15-2783635 Fax: +31-15-2781843 Email: J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:45    [W:1.153 / U:0.032 seconds]