SubjectRe: Linux kernel modules development in C++
Hi Abel,

at the bottom of each message there is a url to lkml FAQ - have you read
it? It should say (I haven't read it myself but it _should_, Richard you
hear this? :) plainly that Linux (or any UNIX) kernel development in C++
is a very bad idea and explain why. Because C++ is not yet a mature
programming language for tasks where precise knowledge of the generated
code is required (and probably will never be). Think of C programming (in
the kernel) simply as an assembly programming but using compiler as a
useful shortcut generator, instead of typing tedious (and most
importantly, arch-dependent!) sequences of instructions. Just a way to
save time, and still remain in total control of what the resulting code
will do and precisely how it will do it.

Regards,
Tigran

On Wed, 27 Sep 2000, Abel Muñoz Alcaraz wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I want to develop a linux kernel module in C++ but I don't find makefiles
> and/or sorce files examples to do this.
> When I compile the module, the gcc shows a lot of warnings.
> I have tried to use 'extern "C" {}' in my source files, but the result is
> the same one.
>
> For example:
> extern "C" {
> #include <linux/kernel.h>
> }
>
> Can you help me?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> -Abel.
>

> -

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.112 / U:1.380 seconds]