    SubjectRe: Linux kernel modules development in C++
    ** Reply to message from Igmar Palsenberg <maillist@chello.nl> on Thu, 28 Sep
    2000 01:45:40 +0200 (CEST)

    > - C++ gives overhead. With something like a kernel that's unwanted.

    C++ gives an overhead only if you abuse it. The C++ code in my drivers does
    nothing that the equivalent C doesn't also do, except that it's easier to read.

    > - Things like exception handling is hard to do in a kernel.

    Again, you don't need to use exception handling in order to use C++. None of
    my C++ drivers use exception handling, and they don't need to.

    > - The're a lot more people that know C than C++

    True, but all the driver programmers I know personally already know C++.

    --
    Timur Tabi - ttabi@interactivesi.com
    Interactive Silicon - http://www.interactivesi.com