    SubjectLinux 2.2.18pre11
    o Kill bogus codec_id assignment (Linus Torvalds)
    o Update codec init code to handle id right (me)
    o Fix dead/clashing define for NFS (Trond Myklebust)
    o Remove the find_vga crap from bttv (me)
    o Fix return on probe failure for cadet (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Add missing stuff from 2.4test (Alan Ford)
    o Fix inia100/megaraid define clash (Arjan van de Ven)
    o __xchg marked as taking volatiles (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix vwsnd warning in sound core (Arjan van de Ven)
    o wdt_pci driver should return -EIO on error (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix init_adfs_fs warning (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix the joystick driver option parsing (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Update mkdep to handle // commenting (Mike Klar)
    o Thunderlan driver typo fixes (Torben Mathiasen)
    o Add KX133/KT133 stuff to the AGP/DRM (Jeff Nguyen)
    o FIx multiple card bug in eepro driver (Aristeu Filho)
    o Initial YMF PCI native driver (Pete Zaitcev)
    | Based on Jaroslav's ALSA driver and I've tweaked it
    | a bit and maybe broken it 8)
    o Fix procfs unlink bugs (Willy Tarreau)
    o X.25 bugfix backport (Henner Eisen)
    o Fix incorrect free_dma on DMAless boxes (Boria)
    o Fix via audio driver merge (Nick Lamb)
    o Update plusb driver to 2.4 one (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o Put description info in wacom driver (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o Update both UHCI drivers to match 2.4test (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o Masquerade cleanup/warning fixes (Horst von Brand)

    o Add printk level to partition printk messages (me)
    o Fix bluesmoke address report/serialize (Andrea Arcangeli)
    o Add 2.4pre CPUID/MSR docs to 2.2.18pre (Adrian Bunk)
    o Update to the 2.4pre via audio driver (Jeff Garzik)
    o Fix small SMP race in set_current_state (Andrea Arcangeli)
    o Fix __KERNEL__ checks in sparc headers (Dave Miller)
    o Fix ADFS root directory bug added in pre9 (Russell King)
    o Trap incorrect swap partition sizes (Andries Brouwer)
    o Fix nfsroot bootp/dhcp on sparc64 (Dave Miller)
    o Tidy up tcp opt parsing (Dave Miller)
    o Check range on port range sysctl (Dave Miller)
    o Back out erroneous i2c.h change (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix trident hangs due to over zealous addition (Eric Brombaugh)
    of midi support
    o Fix big endian/macro bug in ext2fs (Andi Kleen)
    o Bring dabusb driver into line with 2.4 (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o Bring event drivers into line with 2.4 (Franz Sirl,
    Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o Fix usb help texts (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o Generic frame diverter (Benoit Locher)
    o Bring USB serial back into line with 2.4 (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o Fix DVD driver rpc state bug (Jens Axboe)
    o Fix extra sunrpc printk (Tim Mann)
    o USB init tidy up (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o Allow PlanB video on generic PPC (Michel Lanners)
    o Doc fixes/trim cvs logs on isdn drivers (Kai Germaschewski)
    o USB hid, hub, ibmcam, dsbr100 devices updates (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o Return EAFNOSUPPORT for out of range families
    o Fix SMP locking on floppy driver (Jonathan Corbet)
    o Add module author info to acm.c (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o Update CREDITS to reflect all the USB guys (Greg Kroah-Hartman)

    o ipfw wrong allocation flag fix (Rusty Russell)
    o Implement Sun style lockf/nfs cache barriers (Trond Myklebust)
    o Updated ISI serial driver (Multitech)
    | You may well need their newer firmware set/loader for the
    | later cards too

    o Fix usb module load oops (Thomas Sailer)
    o Bring USB boot drivers in line with 2.4t8 (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o And USB print drivers (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o And USB Rio driver (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o And USB dc2xx driver (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o And USB mdc800 driver (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o NFSv3 support and NFS updates (Trond Myklebust and co)
    o Compaq 64bit/66Mhz PCI Fibrechannel driver (Amy Vanzant-Hodge)
    o Disable microtouch driver (doesnt work in 2.2 (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o Update ADFS support (Russell King)
    o Update ARM arch specific code and includes (Russell King)
    o Update ARM specific drivers (Russell King)
    o Use both fast and slow A20 gating on boot (Kira Brown)
    | if your box doesnt boot I want to know about it...
    | Needed for stuff like the AMD Elan

    o Fix mtrr compile bug (Peter Blomgren)
    o Alpha PCI boot up fix (Michal Jaegermann)
    o Fix vt/keyboard dependancy in USB config (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix sound hangs on cs4281 (Tom Woller)
    o Fix Alpha (Andrea Arcangeli)
    o Fix CDROMPLAYTRKIND bug, allow root to open (Jens Axboe)
    the cd door whenver.
    o Update ov511 to match 2.4 (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o Further devio.c fix (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o Update NR_TASKS comment (Jarkko Kovala)
    o Further sparc64 ioctl translator fixes (Andi Kleen)

    o Fix the AGP compile in bug (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Revert old incorrect syncppp state change (Ivan Passos)
    o Fix i810 rng to actually get built in (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Megaraid compile fix, joystick, mkiss fixes (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Kawasaki USB ethernet depends on net (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Compaq cpqarray update (Charles White)
    o Fix usb problem with no USB unit found (Oleg Drokin)
    o Driver for the radio on some maestro cards (Adam Tlalka)
    o Additional shared map support needed for sparc64(Dave Miller)
    o Fix wdt_pci when compiled in (me, Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix usb missing symbol when non modular (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Identify chip and also handle MTRR for the (me)
    Cyrix III
    o Allow binding to all ports multicast (Andi Kleen)
    o Bring USB docs up to date (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o Bring USB devio up to date (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o pci_resource_len null function for non PCI case (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix synchronous write off end of disk bug (Jari Ruusu)

    o Fix the IDE PCI not compiling bug (Dag Wieers)
    o Kill an escaped reference to vger.rutgers (Dave Miller)
    o Small rtl8139 fixups (Jeff Garzik)
    o Add USB bluetooth driver (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o Fix oops in visor driver (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o Remove some unneeded ext2 includes,fix a bug (Andreas Dilger)
    in the UFS code
    o Fix rtc race between timer and rtc irq (Andrea Arcangeli)
    o Fix slow gettimeofday SMP race (Andrea Arcangeli)
    o Check lost_ticks in settimeofday to be more (Andrea Arcangeli)

    o Added older VIA ide chipsets to the not to be (me)
    autotuned list
    o Fix crash on boot problem with __setup stuff (me)
    o Small acenic fix (Matt Domsch)
    o Fix hfc_pci isdn driver (Jens David)
    o Fix smbfs configuration problem (Urban Widmark)
    o Emu10K wrapper/build fixes (Rui Sousa)
    o Small cleanups (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix sparc32 build bug (Horst von Brand)
    o Fix quota oops (Martin Diehl)
    o Add i810 random number driver (Jeff Garzik)
    o Clear suid bits on ext2 truncate as per SuS (Andi Kleen)
    o Fix illegal use of section attributes (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Documentation for nmi watchdog (Marcelo Tosatti)
    o Fix uninitialised variable warnings (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Save DR6 condition into the TSS (Ryan Wallach)
    o Add additional __init's to the kernel (Andrzej M. Krzysztofowicz)
    o Backport 2.4 wdt_pci driver (JP Nollman, me)
    o AGP i810 fixes (Chip Salzenberg)
    o UDMA support for ALI1543 & 1543C IDE devices (ALI)
    o 2.4 MSR/CPUID driver backport (Dave Jones,
    H Peter Anvin)
    o Fix incorrect use of kernel v user ptr in NCPfs (Petr Vandrovec)
    o Updated scsi tape driver (Kai Makisara)

    o Remove the aacraid driver again, having looked (me)
    at what is needed to make it acceptable and
    debug it - Im dumping it back on Adaptec
    o DAC960 update (Leonard Zubkoff)
    o Add setup changes for Sparc (Arjan van den Ven)
    o Sparc updates for drm, ioctl and other (Dave Miller)
    o Megaraid driver update (Peter Jarrett)
    o Add cd volume 0 to the amp power off on the
    crystal cs46xx (Bill Nottingham)
    o Fix IPV6 fragment and kfree bugs (Alexey Kuznetsov)
    o Fix emu10k build bug (me)
    o Emu10K driver upgrade. Adds emu-aps support (Rui Sousa)
    o Updated IBM serveraid driver to 4.20 (IBM)
    o Ext2 block handling cleanup from 2.4 (Al Viro)
    o Make the ATI128 driver modular (Marcelo Tosatti)
    o Fix megaraid build bug with gcc 2.7.2 (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix some of the dquot races (Jan Kara)
    o x86 setup code cleanup (Dave Jones)
    o Implement 2.4 compatible __setup and __initcall (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Tidy up smp_call_function stuff (Keitaro Yosimura)
    o Remove 2.4 compat glue from cs4281 driver (Marcelo Tosatti)
    o Fix minor bugs in bluesmoke now someone actually
    has a faulty CPU and logs (me)
    o Fix definition of IPV6_TLV_ROUTERALERT (Dave Miller)
    o Fix in6_addr, ip_decrease_ttl, other (Dave Miller)
    minor bits
    o cp932 fixes (Kazuki Yasumatsu)
    o Updated gdth driver (Andreas Koepf)
    o Acenic update (Jes Sorensen)
    o Update USB serial drivers (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o Move pci_resource_len into pci compat (Marcelo Tosatti)

    2.2.18pre3 (versus 2.2.17pre20)
    o Clean up most of the compatibility macros (me)
    that various people use. I've systematically
    moved the 100% correct ones to the headers
    used in 2.4
    o Fix newly introduced bug in kmem_cache_shrink (Daniel Roesen)
    o Further updates to symbios drivers (Gerhard Roudier)
    o Remove emu10K warning and mtrr warning (Daniel Roesen)
    o Fix symbol clash between cs4281 and esssolo1 (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix acenic non modular/module build issues (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix bug in alpha csum_partial_copy that could (Herbert Xu)
    cause spurious EFAULTs
    o Yet another eepro100 variant sighted (Torben Mathiasen)
    o Minor microcode.c final tweak (Daniel Roesen)
    o Document that ATIFB is now modular (Marcelo Tosatti)
    o Parport update (Tim Waugh)
    o First set of ext2 updates/fixes (Al Viro)
    o Bring smbfs back into line with 2.2 (Urban Widmark)
    | This should make OS/2 work again
    o Fix S/390 _stext (still doesnt build dasd) (Kurt Roeckx)
    o Remove unused vars in arch/i386/kernel/bios32.c (Daniel Roesen)
    o Update the DHCP initrd support (Chip Salzenberg)
    o Allow opening empty scsi removables like IDE
    with O_NONBLOCK (needed for some ioctls) (Chip Salzenberg)
    o Back out vibra mixer change
    o Fix error returns in sbni driver (Dawson Engler)
    o Initial merge of the aacraid driver (Adaptec)
    | Much deuglification left to be done here
    o Report megaraid: on obscure megaraid error (Daniel Deimert)
    o Add another CS4299 id string (Mulder Tjeerd)

    2.2.18pre2 (versus 2.2.17pre20)

    o Fix the compile problems with microcode.c (Dave Jones,
    Daniel Roesen)
    o GDTH driver update (Achim Leubner)
    o Fix mathsemu miuse of casting with asm (??)
    o Make msnd_pinnacle driver build on Alpha
    o Acenic 0.45 fixes (Chip Salzenberg)
    o Compaq CISS driver (SA 5300) (Charles White,
    + cleanups me)
    + gcc 2.95 fixup
    o Modularise pm2fb and atyfb
    o Upgrade AMI Megaraid driver to 1.09 (AMI)
    o Add DEC HSG80 and COMPAQ 'logical volume' to
    scsi multilun list
    o SK PCI FDDI driver support (Schneider & Koch)
    o Linux 2.2 USB backport (Vojtech Pavlik)
    backport 3 + further fixes from the USB list
    + mm/slab.c fix for cache destroy
    o AGP driver backport (XFree86, Precision
    DRM driver backport Insight, XiG, HJ Lu,
    VA Linux,
    and others)

    2.2.18pre1 (versus 2.2.17pre20)

    o Update symbios/ncr driver to 1.7.0/3.4.0 (Gerhard Roudier)
    o Updated ATP870U driver (ACard)
    o Avoid running tq_scheduler stuff sometimes with (Andrea Arcangeli)
    interrupts off
    o Futher cpu setup updates (me)
    o IBM MCA scsi driver updates (Michael Lang)
    o Fix incorrect out of memory handling in bttv (Dawson Engler)
    o Fix incorrect out of memory handling in buz (Dawson Engler)
    o Fix incorrect out of memory handling in qpmouse (Dawson Engler)
    o Fix error handling memory leak in ipddp (Dawson Engler)
    o Fix error handling memory leak in sdla (Dawson Engler)
    o Fix error handling memory leak in softoss (Dawson Engler)
    o Fix error handling memory leak in ixj (Dawson Engler)
    o Fix error handling memory leak in ax25 (Dawson Engler)
    o Merge the microcode driver from 2.4 into 2.2 (Tigran Aivazian)
    o Fix skbuff handling bug in the smc9194 driver (Arnaldo Melo)
    o Fix problems with SIS900 driver on some 630E (Lei-Chun Chang)
    o Make vfat use the same generation rules as (H. Kawaguchi,
    in windows 9x Chip Salzenberg)
    o Fix oops in the CPQ array driver (Arnaldo Melo)
    o Fix ac97 codec not setting the id field (Bill Nottingham)
    o Further work on the cs46xx/CD power bits (me)
    o Synclink updates (Paul Fulgham)
    o Synclink init bug fix (Arnaldo Melo)
    o Handle odd interrupts from toshiba floppies (Alain Knaff)
    o Fix trident driver build on nautilus Alpha (Peter Petrakis)
    o Add later sb16 imix support tot he sb driver (Massimo Dal Zotto)
    o Ignore luns that report can be connected, but (Matt Domsch)
    not currently
    o Fix dereference after kfree in uart401.c (Dawson Engler)
    o Return correct SuS error code for an unknown (Herbert Xu)
    socket family
    o Add sub window clipping to the bttv driver (Thomas Jacob)
    o Fix nfs cache locked messages (Trond Myklebust)
    o Fix the modutils misdocumentation (Martin Douda)
    o Remove bogus biosparm code from seagate.c (Andries Brouwer)
    o Return correct error code on failed fasync set (Chip Salzenberg)
    o Handle dcc resume with newer irc clients when (Scottie Shore)
    doing an irq masq

    Alan Cox <>
    Red Hat Kernel Hacker
    & Linux 2.2 Maintainer Brainbench MVP for TCP/IP

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:45    [W:0.040 / U:16.036 seconds]