    SubjectRussell King forks ARM Linux.
    Date
    Greetings;

    As you probably know Russell King is the maintainer of ARM Linux. Him and I
    have been debating how serial ports should be handled on an off for months
    now. IMHO, today he lost it, declaring that he was going to block all
    e-mails from Compaq, which means he can not recieve any more ARM Linux
    patches from us. I have tried every method that I know of, to work with
    him, but he has cut off all commutations. So starting tomorrow, we will be
    submitting patches directly to the kernel mailing list, since Russell will
    not even receive our e-mails. I will also be setting up an ARM mailing list
    and web pages, for those that wish to participate. It is too bad that
    Russell has decided to create a fork in the ARM Linux tree. It is his
    choice.

    Attached is his e-mail for the curious.

    Best Regards,

    --George

    George France, france@crl.dec.com
    Cambridge Research Laboratory, Compaq Computer Corporation
    One Cambridgecenter MS: CRL
    Cambridge, MA 02142 USA

    > Since this issue raises your blood pressure to an explosive level, I will
    > not bother you again. I can handle this without you.

    And thus you shall. I shall not be accepting anything further from you.
    Call this what you will, but you have brought this on yourself and your
    organisation. I am NOT going to work with incompetent selfish people who
    refuse to listen to reason.

    Good luck, we'll benefit without your uninformed arguments.

    From this point on, I shall be blocking you and your companies email
    addresses.
    I don't want to hear from you ever again. You're not worth the bandwidth
    you
    waste.

    Appologies in advance to anyone at the old crl.dec.com domain who can listen
    to reason, I've had enough of this shit.
    _____
    | | | | http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/ / / |
    / | THE developer of ARM Linux |+| /|\