    SubjectRe: [patch] vmfixes-2.4.0-test9-B2

    On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, Jens Axboe wrote:

    > The changes made were never half-done. The recent bug fixes have
    > mainly been to remove cruft from the earlier elevator and fixing a bug
    > where the elevator insert would screw up a bit. So I'd call that fine
    > tuning or adjusting, not fixing half-done stuff.

    sorry i did not mean to offend you - unadjusted and unfixed stuff hanging
    around in the kernel for months is 'half done' for me.

    > > the first reports about bad write performance came right after the
    > > original elevator patches went in, about 6 months ago.
    > And a new elevator was introduced some months ago to solve this.

    and these are still not solved in the vanilla kernel, as recent complaints
    on l-k prove.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:03    [W:0.022 / U:9.332 seconds]