SubjectRe: [patch] vmfixes-2.4.0-test9-B2

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

> driver (and I very much hope that with EXCLUSIVE gone away and the
> wait_on_* fixed those hangs will go away because I don't see anything else
> wrong at this moment).

the EXCLUSIVE thing only optimizes the wakeup, it's not semantic! How
better is it to let 100 processes race for one freed-up request slot?
There is no guarantee at all that the reader will win. If reads and writes
racing for request slots ever becomes a problem then we should introduce a
separate read and write waitqueue.

the EXCLUSIVE thing was noticed by Dimitris i think, and it makes tons of
(performance) sense.

Ingo

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans