SubjectRe: problem with 2.4.0-test9-pre6 seems to be SHM
On Sat, 23 Sep 2000, safemode wrote:

> course this is usually not a problem since one is going direct and the
> other is going through vger, but still... it's kind of wasteful to
> resources and i dont see any harm in Reply-to being sent in the
> header. Proftpd's mailing list seems to work fine with it. Is your
> position against it just due to client incompatibility?

As I see it, there are two reasons:

1. Historically, vger's turnaround time (for me at
least) was several hours. This makes it rather
hard to hold a coherent discussion.

2. It enables people to distinguish discussions in
which they are involved from the other noise on
the list.

Matthew.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:39    [W:0.092 / U:2.948 seconds]