SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] Withdrawl of Open Source NDS Project/NTFS/M2FS for Linux

Jeff> KDB is putrid. Can it debug double faults? NO. Can it debug
Jeff> complex register and numeric evaluation statements like IF ((EAX
Jeff> == 1) && [ESP-4] == 0x3000)? NO. Can it debug nested task gate
Jeff> exceptions? NO. Can it debug SMP locks races? NO. Can it
Jeff> debug priority inversion problems in sleep locks? NO.

Oh you're telling us that you are not able to figure out what those
lines of C turn into in assembly so you can set a break point
yourself?

Jeff> Can the Kernel debugger in NetWare? YES. Can the Kernel
Jeff> Debugger in NT? YES.

Yeah I bet NT also has a wonderful graphical click click wush wush
environment for it that allows you to spend all your time `improving'
your rsi instead of getting real work done. Have you ever looked at NT
device driver code? I have, it's not pretty at all so I can understand
why you need all these tools.

Jes

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.247 / U:0.512 seconds]