SubjectRe: thread group comments
> I care.

You only think you care...

> config file in a thread, create new privileged sockets to listen on, and
> then call setuid(). On Linux, that doesn't work, because the call to
> setuid() only affects the running thread, which means we need to rework
> the above logic into a capability-based mess.

Right. Im not arguing this shouldnt be fixed when people are using pthreads
rather than sane threading kits. Im arguing glibc should do it. The hoops in
question should be jumped through by the pthreads library when you call setuid
not by your app

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.074 / U:1.452 seconds]