    SubjectRe: [Announcement] pre-patch-2.0.39-7
    On Sat, 2 Sep 2000, David Weinehall wrote:

    > This is probably the last 2.0.39 pre-patch, unless someone comes up
    > with something horrible. Still, I'm not impossible to convince,
    > should there be something one of you out the consider pressing.
    > Test and enjoy!
    >

    > 2.0.39pre7
    >
    > o Fix a bug where some Windows9x (Michael Deutschmann, me)
    > network-activities would make the
    > kernel go kabloom!
    > o Fixed a bug that caused the kernel (Michael Deutschmann, me)
    > to panic when mounting filesystems
    > with different blocksizes

    Doh! This should be the text below (the blocksize-related bug isn't fixed,
    but won't be fixed for v2.0.39; it's considered relatively low-priority as
    it's neither remotely exploitable nor locally exploitable except by mr
    almighty himself (root)):

    ---
    This is the last 2.0.39 pre-patch, unless someone comes up
    with something horrible. Still, I'm not impossible to convince,
    should there be something one of you out the consider pressing.
    Give this one a tough beating, ok? Test and enjoy!

    2.0.39pre7

    o Fix a bug in af_unix that wrote to (Michael Deutschmann)
    a socket after freeing it
    (aka the Win9x-related oops)
    o Fixed typo in Documentation (Martin Douda)
    ---

    /David, who managed to send out combination of the todo-list and the
    changelog...
    _ _
    // David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /> Northern lights wander \\
    // Project MCA Linux hacker // Dance across the winter sky //
    \> http://www.acc.umu.se/~tao/ </ Full colour fire </

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.023 / U:29.448 seconds]