SubjectRe: zero-copy TCP

Alan Cox wrote:

> We dont copy for checksumming. We fold the single user space copy and the
> checksum operation into one path, because on any modern CPU it costs precisely
> the same to copy as to copy/checksum.

You stated in an earlier message you copied the data when you caclulated
the TCPIP checksum? No you say you don't. Perhaps I misunderstood.

> I don't think you've actually sat and instrumented the TCP code

The TCPIP stack in Wolf Mountain has my name as the author, and it was
one of the nastiest projects I've ever done. OSPF routing is bitch
BTW. Try again.

> Alan
>
> -

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.350 / U:0.368 seconds]