SubjectRe: kernel governance
On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Riley Williams wrote:

> Additional comments from other developers should be cc'd to Tony as I
> don't think he's on this list. However, I am on the list, so there is
> no need to CC to me...
>
> > any hints?
>
> Well, I'm not even sure what you mean by "kernel governance" but the
> way to get your code into the kernel is well documented. Here's a
> basic summary of the procedure:
>
> 1. Subscribe to the Linux-Kernel mailing list. This is where
> ALL issues relating to the ENTIRE Linux kernel are thrown
> open for discussion.

Some issues are _hardware_ specific. Quite often these don't make it to
this list until after resolution on that _hardware_ list.

For example, S390 bogomips are being discussed on the S390 list, but so
far, there is no mention of that here.

Later,
Matt

Unix is best described as an old, sturdy tree.
It is well structured, always growing, and has passed the test of time.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.055 / U:4.900 seconds]