Subject__ucmpdi2
Hello,

I'm using a 64 bit variable in a switch statement. Gcc is generating code
which make calls to __ucmpdi2, a function defined in libgcc. I figured
out that it was the switch statement from examining the generated code.

The question is whether I should change C code to avoid constructions
which make calls to this routine (a little hard to determine a priori)
or if there is an appropriate way to add this to the kernel.

Best I can tell, __ucmpdi2 takes two 64 bit unsigned args, returning
0 if the 1st arg is less than the 2nd, 2 if greater, 1 if equal. For
now, I have defined the function in my driver with those semantics.
For obvious reasons, I don't consider this a viable long term option.

thanks

jeremy

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.099 / U:3.108 seconds]