Subjectwebcam II & kernel compiling
I have 2 questions.

1) Who is working on the webcam II cpia driver. Under NT I can get 15
to 25 fps, while Linux seems to be limited to 15 max. Is this a hard
coded value in the lernel somewhere and is there plans for changing
this? (I know that this is an experimental driver, but rebooting to NT
is just not what I want to do. 8-)

2) I recently read that when upgrading to a new kernel you should not
compile the new kernel in /usr/src/linux . If I upgrade to a new kernel
what is the 'proper method' and what other program will I need to
recompile to take full advantage of the new kernel? (the more detail
the better and please email just me and not the kernel list )

--
Joe Acosta ........
home: joeja@mindspring.com