SubjectRe: elevator code
Martin Dalecki wrote:

> "Jeff V. Merkey" wrote:
> >
> > Martin,
> >
> > I'm glad you are not still mad at me. :-) I hope this info was
> > helpful.
>
> Yes it was in fact this one of the more interresting posts in this
> thread. Thanks for the excellent reading. (However much of it
> sounded very familiar... maybe they learned the same lessons at Sun or
> Berkeley? ;

There is nothing new under the sun. Linux is just another Unix -- NetWare
is unique, however.

> However due to "code impedancy", in esp. driver code impedancy I doubt
> seriously this will get ever cleaned up.

I have concluded that Linux will only progress as fast as Linus does. Linux
has forked twice now, and the new variants are not named "Linux" anymore, so
these types of changes may occur more quickly since there will be independent
paths.

Jeff

> -

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.142 / U:0.124 seconds]