    SubjectRe: elevator code
    On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Martin Dalecki wrote:

    >Yes seriously I would like to see it duplicated there. Becouse on this
    >level it would be *far* simpler then on the generic level. And for

    What do you mean with "simpler".

    >a noabnormal configuration I guess the overall code size would
    >be smaller then the generic aproach. Typically you just don't

    Code sharing in this case is not a matter of saving icache and some bits
    of memory, but a matter of maintainability of the sources.

    >Could you do me the favour and just tell me inside which struct they
    >are exactly? I would love it to try an elimination of the generic code
    >on my system at home ;-).

    linux/include/linux/blkdev.h:'struct request'
    linux/include/linux/elevator.h:'struct elevator_s'

    Chech the callbacks that finish with _fn.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.050 / U:0.408 seconds]