    SubjectRe: Booting into /bin/bash
    On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:

    > Stick a setsid() before the tty stuff.

    Have you tried it? There is a good reason why I put the setsid() call so
    early in kernel's init(). Once the initialization is done, init will have
    several kernel threads as part of its process group, even though it's not
    a process leader itself... Yeah, inconsistent, but enough to make
    setsid() fail.

    At the very very least, the part of my patch that adds the setsid() call
    should be applied, so process number 1 _can_ acquire a controlling tty if
    it wants to.

    It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool,
    than to open it and remove all doubt.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.020 / U:50.092 seconds]