SubjectRe: PATCH: ide-scsi.c to allow claiming of Onstream drives

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Matthew Dharm wrote:

> Attached is a patch to ide-scsi.c against 2.4.0-test8. Please consider
> applying it.
>
> This patch removes the logic which causes ide-scsi to refuse to attach
> itself to an IDE OnStream drive. While these drives are not supported by
> the standard st.c driver, there is userspace support (using the sg
> interface) which works with the ATAPI drive with ide-scsi patched with this
> patch.
>
> So there really is no reason for ide-scsi to reject this device.

Yes,

There is a reason that it was put there, DI-30's require special IO that
st.o does not know how to do.

Look at all the hoops that it took to get ide-tape to work.
If ide-scsi would have done the trick, it would have saved headaches.

Unless OnStream has changed the firmware it will fail, but please try.

> A future patch to make st.c reject OnStream drives it is unable to support
> if coming soon.
>
> Matt
>
> --
> Matthew Dharm Home: mdharm@one-eyed-alien.net
> Senior Engineer, QCP Inc. Work: mdharm@qcpi.com
>
> G: Let me guess, you started on the 'net with AOL, right?
> C: WOW! d00d! U r leet!
> -- Greg and Customer
> User Friendly, 2/12/1999

Andre Hedrick
The Linux ATA/IDE guy

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.092 / U:0.180 seconds]