SubjectRe: [BUG] threaded processes get stuck in rt_sigsuspend/fillonedir/exit_notify
   Date: 	Mon, 11 Sep 2000 18:27:30 -0700
From: David Ford <david@kalifornia.com>

> I've told Linus several times about this problems but he puts out one
> test release after the other without this fixed.

This is kinda important, I run DNS tools which are threaded amongst
numerous other threaded programs a lot. What needs to be done to fix it?

I suspect it's going to require a kernel developer who is willing (and
has the time) to tackle this as their own project, preferably someone
who is trusted by Linus for having "good taste".

The only problem is that the set of people who are (a) kernel
developers, (b) understand Posix threads in all of their ugly, gory
detail, and (c) have survived with their sense of good taste intact
seems to be relatively small.

- Ted

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.054 / U:3.704 seconds]