SubjectRe: zero-copy TCP
> > Jes Sorensen wrote:
> > > It took me a little while in the beginning to convince Alteon to open
> > > up and provide docs, but since they saw the light they have been
> > > extremely helpful and went much further in their openness than I had
> > > ever expected or dared to hope for.
> >
> > And now it's really showing in their favour. An amazing number of
> > research groups are writing applications to run on the Alteon cards.

While I agree with what's going on right now, the recent purchase of
Alteon by Nortel (primarily for their switch line, not for the
NICs) leaves quite a bit of doubt in my mind about the future of the card
and the openness of the firmware in particular.

todd

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.080 / U:16.812 seconds]