SubjectRe: bizarre problems with Athlon system after upgrdaing motherboard
> > When we upgraded the motherboard, we got consistant GPFs right after
> > the line:
> > Enabling extended fast FPU save
>
> It sounds like Redhat patched the kernel to support the Pentium III XMM
> extensions and the kernel is misdetecting the Athlon as a PIII.

The Athlon claims to support FXSAVE, so I dont think that explains it. There
is a problem with the older RH kernel (2.2.14 one) which sees the PSN flag
is set and tries to disable PSN but the AMD chips use the flag for a
different purpose

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.072 / U:14.352 seconds]