    SubjectRe: Multiple Keyboards in 2.2/2.4?
    Hi!

    > > On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 10:00:05AM -0400, James Simmons wrote:
    > > > On the console level their are complex issues as well. Consider a
    > > > system with 4 VTs attached to one machine. What if one person pressed
    > > > Ctrl-Alt-Del. Anyone can bring the system down when multiple people depend
    > > > on it.
    > >
    > > That particular one is a userspace issue; you can simply tell init not to do
    > > anything when Ctrl-Alt-Del is pressed. (You'd also want to disable
    > > magic-sysrq for the same reason.)
    >
    > Don't forget about where printk goes to. Should it goe to every VT or just
    > one? As for SysRq do users want the option to disable for everyone, have
    > it work for one VT or allow it for everyone? Do we want a all or nothing
    > policy?

    It is actually very easy. Just one keyboard, and just one monitor is
    "system console". All others are just normal terminals.

    There's already same problem with serial console / vt problem. There's
    solution saying "user selects using command line what _real_ console
    is". No new problem here.

    [And yes, serial console can do both sysrq and printing kernel
    messages. No new problems here.]
    Pavel
    --
    I'm pavel@ucw.cz. "In my country we have almost anarchy and I don't care."