SubjectRe: Press release - here we go again!
Daniel Stone wrote:

> Gidday!
{SNIP}
> -> Multimedia
> * Faster multimedia with specially designed video acceleration drivers. In combination with the new release of the X Windows System, Linux includes drivers to take full advantage of your accelerated video card (nVidia and 3Dfx cards among those supported) to get maximum video performance for gaming, graphics, etc.

Actually it seems that hardware acceleration for nVidia cards has
momentarily
died with the loss of MAP_NR in page[cache].h. NVidia only claims to
support 2.2.x kernels. If updated drivers do exist, I would definitely
love to hear about them.

--- Tim

{SNIP}

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.076 / U:16.660 seconds]