    SubjectRe: Linux 2.2.18pre1
    In article <>,
    Andi Kleen <> wrote:
    >The big problem with the raid patches is that there is no way back for your
    >raid array, unless somebody adds a noconv modus to raidutils and support into
    >the kernel to keep the old super block version. It also requires tools

    Well at least the RAID0 format from 2.2.x is useable with RAID0.90.
    I'm not sure about raid1/5, but people using those probably have
    migrated to RAID0.90 anyway (?)

    The biggest problem I think is that the new RAID tools don't work with
    older kernels. If they did you could keep your 2.2.x RAID0 array and
    switch between 2.2.x raid and 0.90 raid without switching around
    tools and rewriting /etc/mdtab to /etc/raidtab and back all the time.

    It would be even better if the raid 0.90 code had a compatibility
    mode for the older raidtools..

    Or has that been fixed already ?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.023 / U:2.264 seconds]