SubjectRe: Press release - here we go again!
> >    -> Multimedia
> > * Faster multimedia with specially designed video acceleration driver
s. In combination with the new release of the X Windows System, Linux includes
drivers to take full advantage of your accelerated video card (nVidia and 3Dfx
cards among those supported) to get maximum video performance for gaming, graph
ics, etc.

> Actually it seems that hardware acceleration for nVidia cards has
> momentarily
> died with the loss of MAP_NR in page[cache].h. NVidia only claims to
> support 2.2.x kernels. If updated drivers do exist, I would definitely
> love to hear about them.

Tim,
This may or may not be true. I have no idea as I'm too pov to own a real
video card. *fwaps self* More research needed. Treat this as
0.0.0.1-test1-pre1-beta1-alpha1-preview1-unstable-compile1.

Daniel Stone
Kernel Hacker (or at least has aspirations to be)
daniel@dustpuppy.ods.org
http://dustpuppy.ods.org