    From: Michael W Zappe [mailto:zapman@interlan.net]
    Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2000 9:55 AM
    To: Alan Cox
    Cc: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
    Subject: [Charon-dev] Re: Definitions

    I know this may sound like a stupid question, but HOW THE FUCK do you
    ACCIDENTALLY add a filesystem? Talk about a lame ass excuse that holds
    water like a strainer. And if it was an accident, why wasn't it removed in
    later releases? Patch has this wonderful -R option. Try it! Yes, you can
    using it also...

    <venting frustration direction="copious amounts of bullshit">God damnit I
    wish BSD was more popular. At least then I'd have a fucking stable OS to
    write my software for that didn't have a joke of a naming convention, and an
    API which changes every 3 days, with no documentation as to why</vent>

    So when will everyone admit that they ARE on people's payrolls, and that
    Linux development isn't a bunch of fucking hippies living in a commune, but
    people with agendas being backed by people with money? I just don't see how
    JFFS was an "accident" especially with the whole webpad/Transmeta
    connection. Not that that would be especially bad, it IS Linus' fucking
    baby after all, but perhaps some god damn honesty would be nice. And if I
    may note that Reiser, allthough requiring patches to the kernel proper that
    aren't nessicarily orthogonal, has alot of support out there, been there for
    years, and is reasonably stable, hasn't ACCIDENTALLY been merged into the
    tree, while a filesystem announced in MAY, and first release a little after
    that makes it in without any real hoopla, and an almost ominous silence. In
    addition, I'm writing a new filesystem (that I'd probably have ready for
    release if not working around a moving platform), that ReiserFS will be
    competition to, AND I STIL!
    !
    !
    L DEFEND ITS INCLUSION. (For partially selfish reasons -- the hope of ever
    getting my code in the main distro without sucking all of the core
    developers dicks.)

    So, in summary: YOU ARE ALL FULL OF SHIT! I CAN'T BELIEVE I EVER TOOK THIS
    GOD DAMNED OS FOR MORE THAN THE MASSIVE CLUSTER FUCK THAT IT IS!

    I'm going to go get myself some coffee and download NetBSD now... >:-|

    Mike

    On Tue, Aug 08, 2000 at 01:50:19PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
    > > If a feature freeze is no reason not to add a new
    > > filesystem, why is Reiser told no, but JFFS is just added w/o
    > > debate? Other than the obvious webpad connections.
    >
    > MTD was added intentionally and had been discussed/cycled through a few
    times
    > [I'd rejected earlier versions of it]. JFFS got added by accident
    >

    > -
    Michael Zappe <zapman@interlan.net>

    Chief Architect, Filesystems
    Interlan Communications
    111 Corning Drive
    Cary, NC 27511

    "The sorcerer is a Simple Realist: the world
    is real--but then so must consciousness be real
    since its effects are so tangible. The dullard
    finds even wine tasteless but the sorcerer can be
    intoxicated by the mere sight of water."

    --Hakim Bey

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.027 / U:4.972 seconds]