SubjectDefinitions
One interesting aspect to linux development that I've seen is a large amount of dialogue*, but a lack of common definitions.  I was wondering if anyone would care to define what consitutes a 'feature' in contrast to a 'bug fix' when it comes to the linux kernel.  Specific definitions could really help new contributers to the kernel, rather than the rather arbitrary standards that are being applied now.

Mike

* One does wonder whether alot of the traffic constitutes dialogue or just idle positioning and cock-strutting.

Michael Zappe <zapman@interlan.net>

Chief Architect, Filesystems
Interlan Communications
111 Corning Drive
Cary, NC 27511

"The sorcerer is a Simple Realist: the world
is real--but then so must consciousness be real
since its effects are so tangible. The dullard
finds even wine tasteless but the sorcerer can be
intoxicated by the mere sight of water."

--Hakim Bey

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.482 / U:0.020 seconds]