SubjectRe: RAID questions

I found it sufficient to apply

http://people.redhat.com/mingo/raid-patches/raid-2.2.16-A0

to the stock 2.2.16 kernel. Works fine with rh6.2 raid tools.

Hope it helps,
--andrew

So, I have the following questions.

1) Do I need to apply the RAID patch to 2.2.16 or not?
2) If I do, will it still broken unless I apply the "2.2.16combo" patch?
3) If it will, then how do I resolve the problem with the md.c hunk failing
with "2.2.16combo"?
4) Is there someone I can contact who can update publically available
documentation to make it easier for people to find what they're looking
for?

This is a production system I am working on here. I can't afford to have it
down for an hour or two to test a new kernel. I'd rather not be working with
this mess to begin with, but unfortunately this box was purchased before I
started this job, and whoever ordered it decided that software raid was
"Good enough".

I am not subscribed to either list so CC's are desirable. However if you
don't want to CC then you don't have to -- I'll just read the archives.