Subject/proc & procfs changes since 2.2
Hi all,

I am trying to work out what changes have actually been
implemented since 2.2 with respect of setting up nodes of information
about
drivers in /proc.
I realise that it used to be proc_dir_entry {} but somewhere along
the line it got changes to being a dynamically allocated thing. But from
what I can glean fom the current code in the 2.4test branch it seems to be
combined with the PCI intialization.?? (Least for the SCSI drivers it is)

I am trying to port a 2.2 driver over to 2.4 and cannot find any
clear documentation about what has changed or why. And yes I have scanned
this list but it never seems to have made it to a topic of great debate.

Is there a clear resource I can use to find out the new secrets,
or am I really gonna have to wait for the new edition of Linux Device
Drivers to come out??? ;) Hopefully explaining it all in there?

Any help people?

Thanks for your time.

Damon.

--
===

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs... you're
missing something IMPORTANT!"
Rob. (prolly teefed tho')

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.086 / U:0.072 seconds]