    SubjectRe: can't mlockall() more than 128MB, is this a kernel limitiation ?
    On Sun, Aug 06, 2000 at 03:12:52PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
    > > IMHO, an ordinary user may only lock a limited amount of memory. Maybe it is
    > > wise to specify a certain amount which may *not* be locked. This memory is
    > > reserved for the rest of the processes.
    >
    > Right now Linux isnt tracking per user resources. You need the beancounter
    > addons to implement per user memory like that

    Actually test6-pre* seems to, at least for files and processes.
    See linux/kernel/user.c

    I guess it would be trivial to use it for mlock too. Of course you still
    want a global limit too. Having a few pages mlockable per user per defalt
    would be very useful for cryptographic software that does not want its
    keys stored on the swap partition.

    -Andi

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.021 / U:29.216 seconds]