    SubjectRe: Dual athlon support?

    On Thu, 3 Aug 2000, Dieter [iso-8859-1] Nützel wrote:

    > It is courtesy of QuantX (www.quant-x.com).
    > I found it on a 'Cool stuff for Linux 1.5' QuantX/Samsung Semiconductor CD
    > for there nice Alpha's.
    >
    > It is for comparison of FPU performance. They have some numbers for
    > different CPU's packed with it.

    [snip]
    > I have the source. It is really small so I can post it if you like.

    Yes please, that'd be excellent. Either that or email me direct - thanks.

    > I don't know and would more than happy if some AMD stuff could shine some
    > light on it!!!

    Any help from the AMD guys would surely be much appreciated in getting
    Linux to fly *faster* on Athlons of all shapes and sizes (personally, I'm
    just waiting for my KT7 to put a T-bird on).

    > If you compare with the 'latest' announced 'SPEC world record for x86
    > FPU's' (SPECfp_base2000 value 290 for there 1 GHz Thunderbird with there
    > beta Compaq-Fortran-Compiler, version 6.5) it looks good.
    > The peak was 302.

    Yes, it really is something... I'm being patient!

    > Yes, it was introduced first with pgcc but I found some problems with pgcc
    > and FPU (Mesa/DRI) stuff.

    OK, I'll upgrade. What are the likely benefits of a kernel compiled in
    this manner?

    > BTW I do my thesis in the field of 3D medical image analysis/visualization.

    Another demanding FP user! I've recently submitted my thesis in 3D
    analysis of enzyme active sites :-)

    Regards,

    Duncan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.021 / U:148.264 seconds]