SubjectRe: test6pre1 change for sysrq config-option
Philipp Rumpf wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 04, 2000 at 09:56:42AM +0200, Rogier Wolff wrote:
> > I have a machine here with Serial console. I just tried sending break
> > to activate the magic sysrq, but it didn't work. I verified I'm
> > sending the break correctly, but I'm not getting the menu.
>
> which program are you using to open the serial console on the machine you
> send the sysrq to ? Try strace'ing it to check whether it has set
> the BRKINT flag in termios.c_iflag, which is currently required for
> serial sysrq to work.

Huh? I happen to have confiured a getty to run on the "console", but
otherwise, nothing would be running.

> > > If this is a case, this is a bug which should be fixed.
>
> It is fixed in test6-pre2.

Hmm. We're at test6-pre1 right now, and can't afford to upgrade
today. So I can't verify this soon.

Roger.

* Common sense is the collection of *
****** prejudices acquired by age eighteen. -- Albert Einstein ********