SubjectRe: Segfault and coredump when I quit mail. (CC messages, nonsubscriber)

> Here is a section of my terminal log: up to {EndOfLog}
> [pi@nec pi]$ mail
> Mail version 8.1 6/6/93. Type ? for help.
> "/var/spool/mail/pi": 1 message
> > 1 MAILER-DAEMON@nec.dy Mon Aug 21 12:31 13/541 "DON'T DELETE THIS MES"
> & t
> Message 1:
> From MAILER-DAEMON Mon Aug 21 12:31:27 2000
> Date: 21 Aug 2000 12:31:27 -0400
> From: Mail System Internal Data <MAILER-DAEMON@nec.dyndns.org>
> Subject: DON'T DELETE THIS MESSAGE -- FOLDER INTERNAL DATA
>
> This text is part of the internal format of your mail folder, and is not
> a real message. It is created automatically by the mail system software.
> If deleted, important folder data will be lost, and it will be re-created
> with the data reset to initial values.
>
> & q
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> [pi@nec pi]$
> {EndOfLog}
> If I only access mail without typing a message, it doesn't segfault.
> pine or elm do not either. Has anybody seen this?

What does this has to do with the kernel ??

Looks like the parser get's upset when the message is in the wrong format.
Please report this to the Pine developers list, and not to this one.

Igmar

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.041 / U:1.912 seconds]