Subjectdf -k shows WRONG information
FYI: I am sending this to both SMP and kernel as I have an SMP
machine. I don't know if there is a list for the ext2 filesystem
as I suspect that is where the problem is/was.

Machine 'Dual' 233MMX with 128 Meg of RAM. Kernel 2.2.14, WD
6Gig drive as hdb, Seagate 2.1 as hda. Linux is on hdb.

Last night I did an rm -f on 4 files. The files sizes were 35M,
390M, 250M, and 150M. After doing this I did a df -k. df -k
showed me having used 68 percent of my hard drive. So I then
did a du -s /* to see why. A few days earlier I had only used
32% and had not installed ANYTHING.
du -s showed a file that was 2.6 Gig. It was .xsession-errors.
I then did an rm -f on this file.

I again did a df -k and it still showed 68 percent of my disk
being used. So I repeated the du -s /*. This time du -s and df
-k did not add up. When I added up the output from du -s I had
about 35 % of my disk used.

I rebooted the system, (windows thinking that this would help.)
It did not. du -s and df -k still showed different amounts of
disk spaced being used. I then did a full shutdown and waited a
few minutes then restarted. For some reason this time it told
me my disk was corrupt, and it ran fsck. After this completed
and I logged in, I did a df -k and it now showed 35% being used.

I thought that you all should know that this happened and do not
know if it had something to do with smp or what part of the
kernel as I am NOT a kernel programmer.

My only guess is that the pointers to these files got removed
but the kernel /fs never removed some internel pointer or some
reference to this data somewhere???

thanks Joe