SubjectRe: Request for information.
> The Makefile has HOSTCC=gcc and I Thought I would have to change
> that to = kgcc.

Building the kernel uses two compilers. CC is the compiler for actually
building the kernel you are going to boot, and HOSTCC is the compiler for
building auxiliary programs *while you are building the kernel*.

So you don't need to change HOSTCC.

The host side programs compiled with HOSTCC include the configuration
programs and other programs in scripts/, as well as some table generation
programs in places like drivers/char and drivers/sound.

Michael Chastain
<mec@shout.net>
"love without fear"

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.041 / U:1.856 seconds]