SubjectOutgoing TCP connection problem
	Hello.  I have a firewall at home which is used to protect my LAN.  But I
have a small problem in that for the past few months (using kernels 2.2.14,
and a 2.2.17pre with the TCP "hang" fix), outgoing connections to a
destination port of 80 seem to "hang," and will timeout. Connections to
other ports seem alright, but most of the traffic is http traffic (I know in
at lesat one case outgoing IRC seemed to be affected). After 20 or so
outgoing attempts are tried after the hang is discovered, connections start
working again. Existing connections continue unaffected.
I use a large-ish ipchains ruleset, and have port fowarding turned on to
allow compatbility with some net games I use. It's been getting worse
(occuring more often) as my ipchains ruleset has grown. Any help is
appreciated

(Note: please CC: as I've been unsubcribed from the digest by the recent
move, and am having troubles resubscribing)
--
www.kuro5hin.org -- technology and culture, from the trenches.