    SubjectRe: [FIX] Make deadlock detection work for file locking
    Andries Brouwer wrote:
    > I don't have POSIX in front of me, but I do not think
    > the system must detect deadlock. It is allowed to detect
    > deadlock, and in case it happens to do so EDEADLK is the
    > apprpriate error return.

    Yes. My question was: what is a deadlock (in this context) ?
    I.e. under what conditions must it _not_ return EDEADLK ?

    POSIX makes an attempt at describing it, but in rather vague
    terms (see my original posting). Basically, the description
    does not exclude EDEADLK already if a process holds any lock,
    tries to get any other, and needs to sleep for it.

    - Werner

    / Werner Almesberger, ICA, EPFL, CH /

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.021 / U:53.152 seconds]