SubjectRe: [FIX] Make deadlock detection work for file locking
Andries Brouwer wrote:
> I don't have POSIX in front of me, but I do not think
> the system must detect deadlock. It is allowed to detect
> deadlock, and in case it happens to do so EDEADLK is the
> apprpriate error return.

Yes. My question was: what is a deadlock (in this context) ?
I.e. under what conditions must it _not_ return EDEADLK ?

POSIX makes an attempt at describing it, but in rather vague
terms (see my original posting). Basically, the description
does not exclude EDEADLK already if a process holds any lock,
tries to get any other, and needs to sleep for it.

- Werner

/ Werner Almesberger, ICA, EPFL, CH /