SubjectRe: Infinite loop in boot with 2.2.14+ and IDE Zip
Date
Andre,
no, the patch makes things worse on the zip -
I normally use 2.2.13 with the patch, because it gives UDMA access to the hard
drive. But it gives big problems trying to access the Zip (I think, /dev/hdd is not a
valid block device). Sometimes I can access the disk if I first use fdisk to
print the partition table, sometimes fdisk doesn't manage this. So, I keep an
unpatched version of 2.2.13 as well.
In 2.2.16 the patch doesn't let me boot without a zip disk being inserted, and
I get similar problems trying to access /dev/hdd (if anything, they're worse,
I've never managed to access a zip disk with patched 2.2.16.
Thanks for the info on why the code had to be changed.
Ken

--
Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as fear, surprise,
ruthless efficiency, and an almost fanatical devotion to the Penguin,