    SubjectRe: Module mapping to mem/kmem?
    Dave Cecil wrote:
    > I want to display the value of a variable in my loadable module, but of
    > course gdb vmlinux /proc/kcore can't do that.
    >
    > Is there another, better technique, maybe using kmem?

    Feel free to change /proc/kcore so it includes loaded modules. While
    there, include information about the modules in the appropriate format,
    and GDB will automatically load the module symbols. (Basically, make it
    look like the core file refers to shared libraries).

    More effort perhaps, but it would be much better technique IMHO :-)

    -- Jamie

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:4.260 / U:0.540 seconds]