    SubjectRe: NTFS-like streams?

    On Mon, 14 Aug 2000, Michael Rothwell wrote:

    > Would it make sense for a more traditional file attribute,
    > lets say "sticky" for instace, to exist independant of a
    > file? Why does it make sense for an extended attribute to?

    No, indeed. And you can't rename this attribute away, or rename the file
    and leave the attribute behind. That's the whole fscking point. Could you
    please RTFThread? James proposed to make these beasts independent from
    each other and that's what causes my objections.

    > > I can tell you that it is a fucking hell to deal
    > > with. BTDT.
    >
    > I'm sure that, with enough effort, they can be.

    Fine, then go ahead and apply this effort. Clean patches, please. With
    enough effort the pigs can fly, but it doesn't mean that porcine aviation
    is a good idea.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.019 / U:151.868 seconds]