SubjectRe: Kernel Debugging
Using the 386 kgdb code, I wanted to get gdb to evaluate a kernel
function. The result wiped out the system (i.e. reboot). I think the
problem is that gdb puts the calling code and parameters on the stack,
but i386_stub is using the same stack. Gdb only knows the stack address
above the call to the stub (i.e. where the trap was taken). This means
that the stubs stack is wiped. Has anyone addressed this? What gdb
does makes sense if it is using ptrace, but not if it is remote
debugging.

George