    SubjectXF86-4 dies with DRM (Re: Linux-2.4.0-test6)
    I have a 3DFX Voodoo3.

    When I enable DRM support in XFree86 4.0.1 with 2.4.0-test6, startx, then
    hop out to a text console, if I wait a little bit X will die with a:

    Fatal server error:
    Caught signal 11. Server aborting

    Putting the X server in 24 bit mode (and thus preventing DRM from
    functioning in the 3DFX driver) is enough to keep X alive.

    I remember having this problem before. I thought it was fixed, but
    perhaps I just stopped using the DRM stuff because of other problems of
    having drm and agp both compiled into the kernel.

    --
    Two penguins were walking on an iceburg. The first one said to the
    second, "you look like you are wearing a tuxedo." The second one said,